Do You Have Your New Years Resolutions All Set?
I have a fail proof 5-point system to make sure you accomplish your New Year's resolutions.
- Make sure they are concrete and have a deadline. Example: Lose 15 pounds by my high school reunion on May 15th.
- Get a clear action plan. Example: I can only eat lunch if I have worked out for 30 minutes.
- How committed are you in accomplishing them? 1 being the least and 10 the most. If it is not a 9 or a 10, you need to work on your deserve level and the noise in your head that is in your way.
- Put post it notes in 5 key places. Example: Inside refrigerator, bathroom mirror, closet door.... "Lose 15lbs easily and swiftly" or "I have an abundance of energy" or "I deserve to accomplish all my goals today."
- Close your eyes and for 5 minutes visualize your entire body in amazing shape. Make sure you have a clear picture. Whenever your motivation level is low bring up this visual to jump start you into exercising.