When It Comes to Beauty, Nearly All Women Like to Stay In-The-Know

While over 50% of women spend 30 minutes or more on their beauty and personal care routine each day, their routines are constantly evolving. In hopes of perfecting their beauty routines and staying ahead of the curve, women keep an eye on shifting trends and emerging products. As part of the POPSUGAR Insights 2019 Beauty DNA Report, we asked US women between the ages of 13 and 54 to tell us about their approach to beauty and share more about how they identify new trends and products to integrate into their routines.

Nearly 98% of women are excited and passionate about discovering new beauty trends. They love learning about the launch of new product lines and reading about the hottest beauty ingredients (or what ingredients to avoid). That leaves only 2% of women who aren't interested in keeping up with the latest beauty trends.

While women enjoy keeping their finger on the pulse, they're often hesitant to formally adopt the latest trends. Over 4 in 10 women say that although they enjoy following new beauty trends, they don't usually try them out. This presents an opportunity for brands to make trend trial more accessible, introducing simple ways for these in-the-know women to try the latest and greatest.